Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Flight of the Robin

There are moments of clarity where a person is just barely able to perceive just how tiny they are. The first time for most is usually as a kid, when they look out and see the stars and recognize the size and distance of those suns so far away. For myself, I always felt a certain power from the ocean. It was closer and much more tangible idea. I could stand in the ocean and see go not only far and wide but deep as well, and for as long as I considered it, I could feel the weight of idea in my mind. Today has been another day of reflection. As I sit here, my plane glides over the entire of the United States and crosses the Atlantic Ocean. Out my window the city lights to some unknown state twinkle far below. It is a moment of awe for a first time traveler. My jaded companion sleeps as peacefully as one can consider the bumpy ride. Still we are lucky, the plane is sorely under-booked and everyone has the space they need to stretch out.

I find myself unable to sleep despite my exhaustion. I stayed up all last night tending to private matters and most of the night before that because the tension made me toss and turn in bed like a child awaiting Christmas morning. So I write to the untold masses on the internet.

It is a new life starting ahead of me and I am hopeful and worried. I am so much out of my element it seems. I have taken to earning money through the internet as Balx has shown me and though the yields are profitable, I am still not so confident. I would be a fool to believe in short term results. Professional gambling is a fickle subject, where a man can do all the right things and still seem to turn up a loser, while a fool can become a champion overnight. And all those poor soles with gambling addictions fettering their life earnings away to debt and destruction, I would believe all of them are confident that the methods they are using are the tried and true and their fortunes are just around the corner. I often ponder if I myself am doing the right thing or if I am wasting my time on a doomed scheme. Still if there was ever a proper time for me to try such a method of building income, now would be the time to do it. If I lose too much, well I’m still young enough to get a good solid job.

On less deep subjects, I recently saw Snakes on a Plane; instant cult classic. It will not be a movie that I think wins any awards but when it comes to entertainment the movie delivers in style. It was fun, it was funny, and I think the stricter minded folk looking for solid acting, deep plots, and masterful drama will absolutely hate it.

Soon I will be landing in Frankfurt, Germany where my stories truly begin. When I get the chance to I will upload these thoughts onto my blog.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey big brother! Miss you already, i know we never really hung out when you were in santa cruz but the comfort of knowing you were close by, was always there. This will be my first christmas without you.

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry i'm posting these comments from a phone. Anyhow it's a scary thought moving away so far, and i admire your courage. I want you to know that you're in my thoughts and i'm sure that good fortune is coming your way. I don't know anyone more deserving.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home